The European College of Veterinary Neurology welcomes submission of abstracts for original contribution to its online Symposium in September 2021.
- Opening abstract submission: 1st April 2021.
- Deadline abstract submission: 1st June 2021, 23:59 hrs. GMT +1, abstracts received after submission deadline will not be accepted.
- Confirmation of acceptance/rejection: 1st July 2021.
- Registration presenting author: before 10th September 2021.
- Submission of Powerpoint presentations for accepted abstracts - before 1st September 2021.
- Abstracts for submission are to be considered for either oral or poster presentation. Authors should indicate their choice in this regard during submission. However, final acceptance of an abstract, for either oral or poster presentation would be determined by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the Symposium.
- Abstracts should not have been published or presented at an international meeting prior to submission.
- Abstracts should be electronically submitted in English as an MS Word file (.doc or .docx).
- Length: 250 words excluding title, Authors and affiliation.
- Font: Times New Roman, size 10.
- Paper Size: letter (8 ½ inches x 11 inches), i.e. not an A4 paper.
- Margins: top – 3 inches, bottom – 2 inches, left – 1.5 inches, right – 1.5 inches - Paragraphs: single spacing and fully justified (“square” so that the text reaches both margins).
- Indent each paragraph three spaces.
- Title: Left justified, bold in capital letters.
- Authors: Left justified, not bold, initials and last name, no degrees/qualifications/titles,/etc.
- Affiliations: Left justified, not bold, consisting of University/Institution/Company, Department, Country. Please start each new affiliation on a separate line.
- Indicate whether ethical permission was obtained for the study.
- Please indicate whether the submitting author is a neurology resident in training or a young neurologist in training (including interns and PhD students).
All abstracts will be evaluated by the scientific committee using the following criteria:
- Originality, novelty
- Significance, importance
- Scientific quality, hypothesis, experimental design
- Interest for the topic of the Symposium
- Composition, clarity, and organization
- Adherence to author guidelines
- Approval from their institution's ethical review board
Selected abstract will also be published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (JVIM).
Notification of Acceptance
Acceptance/non-acceptance of the abstracts and whether as a Poster Presentation or Oral Platform Presentation will be notified by email once the ECVN/ESVN Annual Symposium Scientific Committee has reviewed all the submitted abstracts.
Electronic slides should be organized in a Microsoft Power Point presentation. The time allotted for an oral presentation will be 10 minutes for the presentation, with an additional 5 minutes available for discussion. Your complete presentation must be sent to email@example.com BEFORE the 1st of September 2021. The final programme including the oral presentations time schedule will be published soon in the web page.